Most people assume that assisted living is just for seniors who are sick or disabled and imagine it as a hospital-like setting rather than a home. But that’s far from the reality of assisted living today. These communities actually offer so much more for seniors. From beautiful sprawling campuses to spacious, private accommodations to just the right amount of support to empower healthy aging, here’s a look at the unexpected benefits of assisted living.
Assisted Living Defined
Assisted living is a type of senior living that offers assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and medication management. Personal care staff is onsite 24/7. But assisted living communities also offer wellness programs and a full calendar of social activities and enrichment opportunities, plus a range of amenities all in a warm, welcoming environment designed to help residents make the most of life.
Benefits of Assisted Living
Families are often surprised by how enriching the lifestyle is in assisted living. It’s ideal not just for seniors with mobility challenges or who have health conditions that can no longer be managed at home, but also for seniors who may just need a little help here and there to make daily life easier. The benefits of assisted living include:
- An Environment That Promotes Independence – Our communities feature individual care plans which means you’ll have support with as much or as little as you need to help you thrive. It’s a balance that promotes independence and can even help you feel more empowered not having to call family, friends and neighbors for help any longer.
- Less Stress – You can finally forget the stress of home or yard upkeep, housekeeping, laundry, and cooking because we take care of all that for you! Plus, you’ll enjoy transportation and concierge assistance giving you time to pursue the interests that truly make you happy instead.
- More Convenience – Amenities are a big part of the package in assisted living. Here they include spacious floor plans, charming common spaces, ample outdoor space, a fitness center, restaurant-style dining, full-service salon, theater, and library. We’re also pet-friendly!
- Peace of mind – With support at hand 24/7, all the comforts of home, a community design that minimizes steps and fall hazards, as well as emergency response systems, you can feel safe and secure. Not to mention everything you need is right outside your door. Many communities have multiple levels of care on the same campus for added peace of mind.
- More Opportunity – The lifestyle in our assisted living communities features senior-friendly wellness programs and exercise classes, craft workshops and art classes, live music and entertainment, game nights and card groups, group outings, movie matinees, current event discussion groups, religious services and volunteer opportunities. Here you’ll have all the opportunities you need to enjoy an engaged, connected and purposeful life!
For more information, download our free guide, Family Decision Toolkit, or contact a community near you to schedule a tour!